Installing VGA Drivers on MSi MS 7005 Motherboard

Today, I was installing VGA Drivers for MSi MS 7005 Motherboard with SiS Chipset. The exact matchg of the drivers was: Drivers for MainBoard - Intel Platform - Socket 478 (Intel P4) - SiS Chipset - SiS 650 - 650GM-L. After Googling for a while I found the correct drivers on:

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=driver&maincat_no=1&prod_no=560

After downloading the drivers, when I try to install them through "Update Drivers", Windows XP says nothing found and when I run the setup it too close with some error messages.

Solution

1. Right Click on My Computer - choose Properties
2. Click Hardware - Device Manager
3. Double Click - Video Controller
4. Click Driver tab and choose Update Driver
5. No, Not at this time when ask for connect to Windows Update
6. Choose "Install from a specific location (Advanced)
7. Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install".
8. Click "Have Disk" and click "Browse" button and choose the "WinXP_2K" from the folder where you have downloaded the drivers. The file was in compressed format. So you must extract it.
9. Select "sisgr" file and click Open and then click OK.
10. In my case, I selected "SiS 651 ..................." the first one in the list and clicked next.
11. Windows will give you a warning message that the drivers are not compatible click Yes to install the drivers.

This solution work in my case. However, installing an incompatible driver may cause some serious problems to your Windows.

Comments